You can give kudos to your team using the chat bot or the web application.
Giving kudos via chat bot
These are a few examples of the commands that you can use:
Let's give kudos to Mary. Go to a chat channel and type:
@DailyBot kudos to @Mary for the great presentation about product management!
@DailyBot @Mary ++ for the great presentation about product management!
or, without writing a message:
@DailyBot kudos to @Mary
@DailyBot @Mary ++
Chat integrations considerations
- In Slack, you can give kudos from channels, and also using the private chat. If you're using the private chat, please omit the @DailyBot prefix when typing the commands.
- In Microsoft Teams you can give kudos from channels, but not from private messages (the private message does not allow tagging other users).
- In Google Chat you can give kudos from rooms (the private message does not allow tagging other users).
Giving kudos via web application
Open the web application and navigate to the Kudos Skill using the navigation bar and find the "Give kudos" button.
Then complete these steps:
- Select the teammate you want to give kudos to.
- Write a note to make it special (optional).
- Decide whether you want to also post the kudos message in some public channel.
- Define if you want to give the kudos anonymously; notice this feature is configurable and could be disabled for your organization by an admin.
- Click or tap on "Send".
- That's it!
Reading your kudos reports
The bot, then, will automatically report all kudos on this channel, even if you give them from another one, in which case it will report in both channels.